Wednesday, February 27, 2013

DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY WINNER Challenge #103


CLICK HERE for the DL.ART Thankful Thursday LINKY PARTY challenge ending February 28, 2013


Good Morning Friends,

Before I announce the winner of the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY #103 CHALLENGE.


I have some really sad, sad, sad news to share (at least from my perspective).  As you know yesterday I made a sympathy card.  Thinking I would add it to my stash, unfortunately I will need to send it.  Two police officers in our city were shot and died yesterday. I knew both of them. One was a 28 year veteran ready to retire, leaving behind a wife a son and two daughters.  The other a female officer leaving behind her partner and two small children she had been on for the SCPD for 10 years.  If you are a person of prayer I would just ask that you keep their families in your thoughts and prayers. This is the first time since our city was incorporated in the late 1800's that a police officer has been killed in the line of duty.
       We are a small community and this will  create a huge impact. 3 schools are located in the area where the shooting occurred  they were all locked down until the suspect was found (one was where I taught for many years)  Many agencies have stepped in to help, because of protocol and many different types of investigation.  If you are interested here is a link to the article and some videos.

CLICK HERE


To read more about my card click here


challenges:
Simon says:AG




Now onto a cheerful note Random.org selected


The winner is:
CONGRATULATION!!!!  MELISSA SUNSHINE HONEY BEE   :
Please send me your e-mail so I can get your prize to you

Have a blessed day, Diana

18 comments:

  1. What horrible news!! I am so sad to read about this senseless tragedy. My heart and prayers go out to the families and loved ones of the two slain officers.

    Your card is gorgeous, Diana. The flowers are so pretty. I'm sorry that you need to use your card so soon but I'm certain that the families will appreciate your sympathies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that you need this beautiful card so soon!
    That's a sad story and I will pray for the families! I will admit it bothers me that the criminal's pic is up on the article but not the heroes... those police officers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear this Diana - and so close to home :-( Hugs and thoughts coming you way and for the families concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana, I am so sorry for the circumstance you have to send this beautiful card. News of that sort is never pleasant. Of course family and friends of these officers will be in my prayers.

    Thanks for stopping by, it is always a pleasure to see you visitied!!! As for my new kitchen, I'm having a love/hate relationship with it... lol!!!

    Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read about the shootings...what a senseless tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with the families and your community.

    Hugs, Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear such terrible news. :( hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful card, but I'm sorry that you had occasion to use it. My thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of the officers who were killed. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am so sorry to hear about the shooting. But I am sure your families will appreciate your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just watching this story on the news. It is so traggic. I will be praying for the officers families and for the Santa Cruz Community.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diana, I am so sorry to hear about such a tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with all. The officers are so courageous, God Bless them and their families. God Bless!

    With Deepest Sympathies!
    Dee B
    Crafdeecat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Diana, I am so sorry to hear about such a tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with all. The officers are so courageous, God Bless them and their families. God Bless!

    With Deepest Sympathies!
    Dee B
    Crafdeecat

    (sorry if you get my comment more than once...having trouble with Blogger...sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful and elegant card. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh Diana that is so sad what a terrible loss for you personally and your city. You card is beautiful I hope it brings comfort to those who receive it. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear about the tragedy. Prayers will be said. Not to take from this tragedy but did you hear about the restaurant fire in Kansas City, MO last wk that was caused by a construction worker hittting a gas line? This happened in the plaza area near my daughter's apt & college. Daughter was safe & ok in her apt.
    Happy to have won your DLART Thankful Thurs Ch103 Theme Uplifting Sentiment W/ Pink, Brown & Beige. I emailed you my info.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card and I am so sorry that you have to use it. Such a sad thing to happen, prayers going to there families :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Diana, Sending prayers your way. So sorry to hear about this terrible tragedy for you and your community.
    Your card is just beautiful Diana. Take care and big hugs. Again, so sorry.
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful card.So sorry to hear abut this tragedy.Sending my prayers and hugs to you and your city.Congrats Melissa!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sad, I read the article and watched the news. :(

    Beautiful card. Congrats to sunshine! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...